Exercise For Dogs
Our first priority…
- Allow your dog to burn off excess energy
- Allow your dog to socialize with other dogs
- Teach your dog to ignore distractions and reinforce basic obedience
- Keep your dog looking great, feeling healthy and balanced
Nature provides the gym, we provide the exercise! Ruff Breaks last for an average of 40 minutes and fall under one of the categories listed below. During these activities, dogs learn to ignore distractions such as unfamiliar people, cars, barking dogs, etc. The emphasis during Ruff Breaks is on pack cohesion, which is a primal activity, and one that has been ingrained in them for hundreds of years. The pace of the activity depends on safety, the particular dog’s abilities, and the environment. When we are done exercising, we take a few minutes to reinforce basic obedience commands like sit, stay, leave it, etc.
Walks and Hikes: We seek out new and interesting paths for your dog. Sometimes its a local park, sometimes in your neighborhood, sometimes along a county dirt road. It all depends on the environment, but we like to be creative! This is an all-season activity. Some dogs require more of a challenge from a walk, so occasionally we will use doggy backpacks. This technique essentially doubles the intensity of the walk.
Running: These generally follow the same paths as the walking and hiking activities. The duration is the same, but the pace is much quicker, keeping the dogs more focused on the activity and less on distractions.
Roller Blading: Exhilarating! For the dogs and for us. Similar pace to running, but blades let us go longer distances for high energy dogs. And it looks cool!
Biking: Another one of our all season activities and my personal favorite… For dogs that love to run, and run, and run… this activity will have them saying “ahhhh” after its all done and right before they settle down for a well deserved nap! Although this may look hard, its easier than you think. We’ve been doing this for a long time and have mastered the ins and outs of riding bikes with dogs.
Weight Pulling: Intense exercise for intense dogs! Weight pulling can build confidence, strength and focus in dogs. This is a great activity for dogs that need a “job”.
Swimming: There is no better way to beat the heat than taking a cool refreshing dip into water. Many of the dogs we exercise absolutely love water, especially the hunting breeds like labs and retrievers.
Ruff Break style…
The Ruff Break gives you peace of mind when you are away on business or pleasure by offering in home pet sitting services. Dogs are naturally more at ease in the comfort of their own home. While local kennels are an option, many do not provide the daily exercise needs for your dog, especially if your dog does not get along with others. Kennels can quickly become expensive if you have multiple dogs, and sometimes meeting the requirements to be accepted at kennels can be time consuming. The Ruff Break cares for your dogs with multiple daily visits, together with our unique Ruff Break exercise sessions, feeding, medicine administration, and potty breaks all in the comfort of your pet’s home.
Benefits of using Ruff Break for pet sitting
- Pets remain in their own home where they are most comfortable.
- No transporting your pet or their belongings to a new place.
- After a daily Ruff Break, your dog will be so tired, it might not even realize you’re gone!
- Security for your home and peace of mind while you are away.
- We care about your animals like you do and we love what we do!
How does pet sitting work?
Simply apply your Ruff Breaks towards pet sitting. Members can completely customize how we care for their pets when away on vacation or business. By mixing and matching Ruff Breaks and Fast Breaks to fit your pet’s needs, you can feel confident your loved ones are getting the attention and exercise they need while in our care. See our FAQs for more details.
- Bringing in the mail/newspaper
- Checking house security
- Administering medication
- Turn on/off lights at night
- 100% devotion to your pet!
The Ruff Rates
Ruff Break Packages
* 1 Ruff Break is equivalent to 2 Fast Breaks. Rates shown for 1 dog, each additional is $4/Ruff Break or $2/Fast Break.
|Ruff Breaks||Fast Breaks||Rate/Ruff Break||Rate/Fast Break||Pet Sitting|
|Top Dog Select||24+||48+||$28.00||$14.00|
- Use 3 or more Ruff Breaks per week on an automatic recurring schedule (same days of service week after week) and get each Ruff Break for just $24. Each additional dog is just $2. Only applicable when purchasing 24 or more Ruff Breaks.
- Clients that setup an automatic recurring schedule for their dogs (same days of service week after week) can request short term Ruff or Fast Breaks (less than 48 hours notice from the start time) at no additional charge. Some exceptions apply. See our FAQs & Policies for details.
- Ruff Breaks calm your dog while you are away! Every Ruff Break is 40 minutes of exercise for your dog using one of the activities listed here.
- Fast Breaks assure your dog while you are away! Each Fast Break is a 15 minute visit designed to relieve your dog with a potty break, water and treats, a short walk or play time.
- Every Ruff Break is equivalent to 2 Fast Breaks.
- Mix and match Ruff Breaks and Fast Breaks for a customized membership!
- Each additional dog in the same household and with the same owner is just $4 per Ruff Break. See our FAQs for exceptions.
- Additional charges apply for Ruff/Fast Breaks on holidays. See our FAQs for details.
- There is a required $12 insurance fee for each dog per year.
- We are required to collect sales tax for all exercise and pet sitting memberships. See our FAQs for specific details.
- Areas outside of our primary coverage area are subject to certain restrictions. See our FAQs for specific details.Pa